HOUSING SOLUTION 2
Quick and easy to set up
- Bolted panel system that three workers can easily set up in two days.
- No special equipment required. A level, ratchet and hammer are the only tools needed to set up and dismantle the house.
- All components can be carried by hand.
Quick and easy to dismantle and move to another location
Resistant to adverse weather conditions and earthquakes
- Designed to resist Category 3 hurricanes (wind speeds of up to 208 km/h).
- Low inertial mass for resisting major earthquakes.
- Four different types of anchors adapting to a wide range of soil conditions.
- Since several panels are interchangeable, door and window locations can be varied.
- Pressure-treated against termites and mould.
- Possibility of easily incorporating other components (additional rooms or sanitary facilities).
- Designed to form part of longer-term housing solution.
Environmentally friendly materials
- Wood is low in embodied energy. It is produced naturally and requires far less energy than other building materials. It also helps reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- The wood used is FSC-or PEFC-certified to ensure it comes from a sustainable source.
Involvement of local labour
- Training offered to workers and the local population to encourage their active participation in the construction process.
- Uses simple materials.
- Designed to be comfortable in a wide range of extreme weather conditions.
- Meets international specifications and standards.
- Easily maintained by occupants.
- Possibility of personalizing the houses so occupants feel more at home.
- Possibility of insulating and adding finishing materials.
- Optional awning for creating an outdoor living space.
- Optional rainwater harvesting system.
FOUR ANCHORING SYSTEMS AVAILABLE FOR GREATER FLEXIBILITY
Geotextile and ballast
In-ground mechanical anchors
Treated wood foundation